Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Retro Goodness Diaper Bag/ Handbag

Isn't she cute???
I have been working on this little ditty for quite some time. Not sure why I lost my mojo in the middle. But, I started up a WIP Challenge on the EtsyKids site and this was my project in mind. WIP means work in progress. In other words the projects you start and for some reason just don't get back to. I'm so glad I got back to this one.
Like the label that is matching in green? I was playing around with making them when I got a new printer. After the cheapo Lexmark; replace every year printer called it quits. Guess I had a little frustration with it. It took me around 2 months to research the best printer. I ended up with a HP and love it.
See the new handle style? I decided that the handles slip around too much and did what I call the shoulder treatment to the strap. I basically folded the top shoulder resting area of the strap and sewed it together. It still gives the bag the proportion and same great look at the seam by the bag. But, now the strap is easier to use and keep on the shoulder. With little kids that's the last thing you want to worry about.
You can find it here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6129115

7 comments:

Boo Bear Buns said...

They just keep getting better and better! I am very particular about purses and diaper bags, but you always impress me. This is one bag that I would be proud to carry around!

Boo Bear Buns said...

Oh, and my father has an HP too and I have been known to print brochures at his house :) My next printer will be an HP as well.

Morrgan said...

It is gorgeous! The colour combo is sooo lovely. A bag worth finishing for sure.

Slackermommy said...

Very cute. Love the pattern.

My Little Cuddle-Bugs said...

I love this! I would love to carry something like this around... it looks more like a purse than a diaper bag! I love the pockets on the inside! You can tell you put a little love in everything you create!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

not just cute... absolutely adorable! love love love the color combo. You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Love the new bag....
ALMOST as cute as the one you made me!

Melissa