Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hosting Summer Camp at Home...


So, I have been rolling this idea around in my head for a couple weeks now. This will be my oldest sons first "real" summer vacation. I'm not big on running around between drop off and pick up for Summer Camps. Plus my favorite part of Summer Vacation is having my little man home with us. So, I wanted to make it fun and eventful without too much "Mom, I'm bored!"


We're going to have themed weeks and activities, books, movies, cooking, places to go that will teach us something about the theme. I asked little man what he wanted to learn. He came back and said he wanted to learn how to be nice to people . Bonus points for that answer. So, that week will be Learning to be Nice week. Can't believe he chose that. I must have done a good job so far ;)


Some other ideas I have:

Gardening
Learning to be nice
Get to know your neighbor (I'm making it a goal to get to know our neighbors)
Water Week
Healthy Living
Reading Week
Cooking

Keep checking back and I'll try to give you some ideas for summer.

1 comment:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

We host a summer camp for our family every year! I love it for so many reasons. Like you said, I don't want to run around town dropping off and picking up my children. I also like being in charge of what they are learning. ;) The adults in the family all pitch in to run the summer camp for all the cousins (there are 8 cousins that all live within a few miles of each other...sadly, 2 are too far away to join us). Here is a post on our plans for our summer camp for this summer; http://rootsandwingsco.blogspot.com/2009/06/oh-what-do-you-do-in-summertime.html
We have just loved doing it!

Rebecca