Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Joe...

So, Saturday was Joe's birthday. I had been wanting to surprise him with a "big" gift for once. Since I am a SAHM it's not as easy to surprise him for birthday's. Since he can see the bank statement ;) So, I hunted for something he would like and we could use to spend quality family time together. So, I got him this little number from Sears.

It's a Kenmore 596 sq. in 3 Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner. I had eyed his present for over a month. I just couldn't buy it till his birthday. Since I had no where to hide it or I would be tempted to give it to him early. I had his parents pick it up on their way to his birthday party. He was nicely surprised. I baked him a cake and we ordered pizza at his request. I even insisted on singing happy birthday with the candle lit. He's not big on spotlights on him. But, I think I made his day special and it was nice having his parents over. Can't wait to use it. Have to get the propane tank filled. Weird they don't include the tank with the grill. I couldn't find my camera in time to take pictures either. But, it was a great day.

We had such a nice time with his parents over that I am having them over for Sunday Dinner. Which will be my first time cooking for them in the 7 years Joe and I have been together! Not stressed about it though. I'm making my yummy Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Corn, and Rolls. You would think we would grill out...lol. But, I want it to be a special family meal. Sit down style.

No comments: